What to expect at a visit with Dr. Wegman…
Dr. Wegman aims to provide comprehensive care while treating every patient with dignity and respect. Examining the skin can be an involved process and delays may occur as Dr. Wegman provides thorough dermatologic care to his patients. New patient appointments can be lengthy because Dr. Wegman wants to provide excellent dermatologic care and doing this requires: taking a detailed medical history, analyzing past medical records and medication lists (if applicable), examining the patient’s skin from head to toe (complete skin examination) to determine if there are any unidentified skin abnormalities and to assess the reason why the patient made the appointment.
Many dermatologic skin conditions are linked to other internal medical conditions and this is why it is important for Dr. Wegman to take a detailed medical history and to examine the patient’s skin thoroughly. Some existing patients require yearly follow up appointments with Dr. Wegman. These yearly appointments can be lengthy and include reviewing and identifying any changes to the patient’s past medical history since their last appointment. Also, Dr. Wegman examines the patient’s skin from head to toe (complete skin examination) so Dr. Wegman can be sure that the patient has not developed any new skin conditions from the last time that they were seen in the office.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will be asked for your insurance cards, driver’s license, a list of your medications and allergies by the front office staff. We ask all patients please arrive without cosmetics and/or nail polish (preferred but not required) or plan to remove their cosmetics upon arrival so that Dr. Wegman can examine your skin and nails in their natural form. Patients are encouraged to schedule their appointment with Dr. Wegman at a time in their day that is not scheduled with other appointments. We understand that everyone has a busy schedule. However, Dr. Wegman is a specialist and spends as much time as is needed with each patient, so your appointment could be longer than expected.
Please be patient with our office staff and Dr. Wegman and remember that every patient (including you) is given the time they need with Dr. Wegman to treat their dermatologic concerns. If you have any questions about anything mentioned here, please talk with our patient care specialists at 989-723-8281.
- New patients or patients returning for yearly follow up, please allow at least 1½ - 2 hours for your appointment.
- Delays up to 2 ½ hours are possible because as stated above, Dr. Wegman spends as much time as needed with each patient and may need to review past medical documentation and/or may need to make calls to your previous medical providers.
- If Dr. Wegman is running behind, the office staff typically tries to rearrange the schedule so that patients do not have to wait for long periods of time.
- If waiting this length of wait time causes you anxiety and/or apprehension or you have a medical condition that prevents you from waiting this amount of time, it is best to let the front office staff know this information before your appointment.
- The office staff cannot guarantee that a patient can be seen by a certain time. Again, we strongly encourage patients to schedule their appointment when they do not have other appointments scheduled.